Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lighthouse - July 8th, 2009

In the morning, I saw a vision of a lighthouse. It was tall, white and was lit with a white light. The Lord showed Himself to me once again!
I pondered on what was revealed to me. This verse came to me: Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105 KJV
What is a lighthouse you may ask?
"A tower or other structure displaying or flashing a very bright light for the guidance of ships in avoiding dangerous areas, in following certain routes, etc." (http://www.dictionary.com/)
God Himself wrote the Bible. They are excellent guidelines for daily living. He sets guidelines to protect us from harm and danger. When life seems cloudy He is always there to shine His light to guide us along our journeys. He is our tower, our refuge and guiding light.
Just imagine at night when the shore is not visible, ships use the lighthouse to arrive at their destination safely. How different are we from the ships. Those who don't know Him are lost in the darkness, but there is hope. The lighthouse, God Himself, will guide them out of the darkness into the marvellous light. How about those have a relationship with Him. Even during our most difficult times when all seems dark, the lighthouse, God Himself will be a light unto our paths.
Comfort Her

No comments: