Monday, July 20, 2009

July 10th, 2009 - Be nice to your sister.

I came into work this morning and I saw an artiste performing on Good Morning America. She was a plus sized sister and she wore a white shirt and a white pair of pants. I said to my work colleagues, "Why does she have on that outfit?" I wish I had held my tongue and saved my comments for myself.
I was wrong in measuring her with my "measuring stick". Each one of us is fearfully and wonderfully made. So many times I have seen women or heard women analyse how a lady looks. We as women tend to tear each other down and that should not be.
I have made a firm decision to see every woman as God's unique creation.
What about you?
Comfort Her

6 comments:

Tulip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tulip said...

I completely agree.
The other day I was very hurt by a comment made to me by one of my "sisters".
Whatever happened to "it's good to see you"? why must it be "you get fat!!!"
So I pray that the Lord would guard my tongue, and teach me to see others as He does.

Jay_ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Share with Her said...

It's true we have to learn to guard our tongues. Tulip do I know you?

Melinda

Tulip said...

yes, you know me Mel :)
it's Talibah

Share with Her said...

Lol hi Talibah lol :)