Thursday, July 9, 2009

The birds in the air

After lunch, I decided to look outside the window. There I saw a sparrow gathering twigs to build a nest. I thought to myself, how amazing. He had all that he needed in order to build the nest. It was right there within his grasp. Then it dawned on me. God created everything in the earth. All that bird needs is available in abundance. Since God is providing for that bird, how different am I from the little creature.
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Mathhew 6:26 NIV
That gave me the reassurance that the Lord is Jehovah Jireh, my Provider. My husband and I are hoping one day to build a home of our own. The Lord is certainly not slack concerning His promises!
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. Psalm 145:13 NIV
Comfort Her

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its very true that God will provide and is not only able to but longs to provide for his children. He loves us unconditionally, so lets walk freely into his love and wait on him with Joy and hope and peace that God is faithful concerning his promises.

Char~Char

Share with Her said...

Thanks Char Char :)