Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A fresh revelation

God revealed to me today that all I do is for His honour and for His glory; not for my honour and for my glory.
I was still unsure about how God revealed Himself to me yesterday. I reflected on the verse that I read:
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, Isaiah 61:1 NIV
It then dawned on me that verse was speaking about Jesus. The white bright light was Him visiting me. My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ revealed Himself to me! Wow!
Before God removed incorrect mindsets that I had carried for years, I used to think that verse was talking about me. I was so wrong. I know God has given all of His children the power and authority to overcome all the power of the enemy, but I am not the one who completed the work on the cross. In other words, Jesus is the One who sets the captives free, not melinda. I am simply His vessel through which He will use for His honour and for His glory. I had been prideful. I thought it was all about me. Those were indeed false pretenses that rose up against the knowledge of God.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV
My duty as His child is to simply believe and develop an intimate relationship with the Lord.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mark 16:17-18 KJV
Comfort Her

No comments: