Saturday, September 1, 2007

You are Just so Beautiful to Me


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14 NIV

You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are a unique and beautiful woman. No one can be like you because that's what makes you special! God knew what He was doing when He carved you in the palm of His hand. He knew about your appearance, the length of your hair, the colour of your eyes. The list is endless!

No one on this earth is made with what the fashion industry calls a "perfect" frame. Some are short, some are tall. Some are slim, some are full figured. Some are white, some are black. Some have freckles, some have birth marks. He took the careful time to ensure we were fashioned correctly in His image. After all He did knit you together in your mother's womb and made sure every inch of your design bloomed into fruition.

Ladies, don't go thinking for one minute that your personality and character does not contribute to your beauty. Whatever is on the inside is very remarkable. He made sure He deposited that in you as well. You may see the most beautiful person in the world. You may think they have it all together, but normally they are empty on the inside. On the other hand an average looking woman who is so giving, nuturing and caring is beautiful because of her "big" heart.

I challenge you to ask the Lord to look into your heart today if you know it's not right. It's okay, there are times in our lives where each one of us needs to examine ourselves. The inmost being that God planted in you is just waiting to come out. Let go and allow God in to birth that hidden treasure within you. Your days will be filled with laughter! She is clothed with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25 NIV

For me personally, I am a plus sized woman. I struggled for years with my identity and my personality. I asked the Lord why couldn't I have a body like the models in the magasines. I couldn't wear the clothes are girls are wearing today, because I'll be the odd one out. Bingo! I am unique, I am not like the rest of the women. There's only one Melinda on this earth with that caring and bubbly personality. I finally looked in the mirror and decided to accept my body, my eyes, my skin as a gift from God. I began buying clothes from the plus sized section which suited my body and believe me those clothes are very stylish. I don't look like everyone else when I go to town, I look like me! I have also learned to accept that my caring nature is necessary for this hurting world. I am His representation and my calling is to show compassion to the world, just as He did when He came to the world.

I am fearfully and wonderfully made, I know He is pleased with how He created me, because His works are wonderful. Every morning I wake up, I hear Him say, "you are just so beautiful to Me".

Comfort Her




No comments: